Hopes and Dreams Spoiler Alert...
Nice photos notwithstanding, the President's Choice Dulce de Leche cheesecake sucks.
I'm sorry to disappoint you. I only hope that, if you have access to this piece of genius marketing, you read the reviews before you go out and spend your hard earned money. And/or try to fob it off on guests. Next time I might try that.
The fulsome story:
- This thing is the size of a pancake. Not that this mattered to us, because we threw half of it away.
- One piece is insanely small (presuming you actually opt to eat it). The photo below shows it on a freakin' salad plate!
- The cheesecake has no bite (though it is on the dry side - rather than whip-y - the way I like it).
- Cake surrounds the cheese, rendering it the majority of the dessert. And the cake bit is one part stale-seeming, one part unimaginative and one part cake around cheesecake?!?
- As Steen said: It's a marketing vehicle for the Dulce de Leche sauce which, btw, you can buy in a jar. That's one fine product, for what it's worth.
- We all decided that, next time, I'm going to artfully swirl a little ddl around my world-famous poundcake. (Now, that's got me excited.)